With the release of patch 7.00 for DOTA 2, a brand new hero was released. We are excited to welcome Monkey King (Sun Wukong) to DOTA as the 113th hero. Along with the hero, a Monkey King Arcana was released. It’s official name is Exalted Great Sage’s Reckoning Bundle.
Monkey King Arcana Features
- New base model and texture
- Custom particle effects for Monkey King’s Primal Spring ability
- Dynamic Style that changes according to the level of Wukong’s Ultimate
- A cloud-riding run animation when travelling vast distances in a short period of time
- Altered Voice and additional voice responses for style changes and cloud animation
- Custom Hero Portrait
- Arcana Loading Screen
- Custom Taunt
- Custom Emoticon
What’s cool about Monkey King is that he has four forms. As you start the game, your Monkey King is in Form 1. Once you level up your ultimate to level one, you’ll enter Form 2 (blue). With your ult to level two, you will become Form 3 (green). As you max your ult to level three, your Monkey King takes his final form: Form 4 (golden).
One of his abilities, Tree Dance, allows you to jump up into a tree. From there, you can launch Primal Spring ability, damaging and slowing enemies near your landing zone. What’s cool about this arcana is that it has a different effect for Primal Spring for each of the 4 different forms.
From the the DOTA 2 team directly:
Relive three epic trials from his earliest adventures with the Great Sage’s Reckoning, a new Arcana item for Monkey King featuring four dynamic styles that change depending on the level of his Ultimate ability, altered voice effects to match each journey, special animations, and more.