The Steam Community Market is the most popular way users buy and sell items for games within the Steam platform. Since there are so many users that use the marketplace, a well-priced item will sell pretty quickly. If you are looking for items and are okay with placing a buy order and waiting, you can find some cheap items.
Drawbacks of the Steam Community Market
The Steam Community Market is undoubtedly useful, enabling users to easily buy / sell items. There are, however, there are a few negatives:
- Steam Wallet Cashouts – When you sell an item, you will receive the funds to your Steam Wallet. You must spend these within the Steam ecosystem and cannot withdraw the funds.
- High Fees – If you want $100 for an item, the buyer must pay $115. Steam takes a 15% fee for all item sales.
- Trade Restrictions – If you buy an item from the Steam Community Market, you cannot trade it or gift it for 7 days.
- Poor Usability – There are very few ways to help you browse and find items you’re looking for. The navigation and search features are very limited
- $0.04 Minimum / $0.03 fee – In order for Steam to receive their fees, all item sales must be priced at or above $0.04. On a $0.04 item sale, Steam takes $0.03 as their fee. Ouch.
Loot Market vs Steam Community Market
We have aimed to provide a site and service to improve upon the drawbacks associated with the Steam Community Market.
- Real MoneyCashouts – You can cash out your proceeds from sales to PayPal, Bitcoin, Skrill, WebMoney, QIWI, Yandex, US Bank Accounts, and many more. Funds typically arrive within 4-8 days for most users and within 1-3 days for Loot Elite users.
- Lower Fees – Sellers start with just a 10% selling fee. As you participate in the market and earn Loot Gems, you can reduce this fee to as little as 5%.
- No Trade Restrictions – When you buy an item from Loot Market, you can trade / gift / sell it immediately. No delays.
- Focus on Usability – We have put a lot of focus and attention towards the usability of our site, aiming to make it easy and painless for you to find what you’re looking for.
- No Minimum / No Fees on Cheap Items – You can sell a $0.01 item if you’d like. For any item priced at $0.09 or under, you do not pay a fee. You sell an item for $0.07, you get the full $0.07.
We are very proud of what we’ve built. We aimed to create a marketplace for CS GO and DOTA that is easy to use for both buyers and sellers and believe we’ve achieved that. We hope that this pleasurable experience will help you to become more involved in the economies for DOTA and CSGO both.